Creating Together exploration with Arts Access and Visionary Images Jan 2017
On January 24 we had an amazing day of exploration at Arts Access Victoria, with participants from Arts Access, Weave Movement Theatre and Visionary Images, to find out how this partnership might look, what we want to achieve and how we can collaborate equitably.
We played the basic game in three sessions, with feedback after every game, looking at what is missing, what is working and what scenarios might be useful for artists living with a disability and for organizations supporting communities.
We want to generate conversations with artists about power and privilege, to create a set of artistic critical literacy tools for the arts and social sectors. We will use a set of 52 cards that expose colonial CACD practice, to kick-start the dialogue:
· To explore how we can create solidarity in a culture of fear, power and privilege
· To explore what AAV, VI, young people and artists with disability may bring to the initiative
· To practice being co-creators and explore creative responses to privilege
Focus of exploration We asked participants to bring three key mindsets, as artists/ creators, as provocateurs/ activists and as strategic thinkers.
· What could an artistic collaboration on the project look like?
· What excites you?
· What is missing?
· Can this project be used to create better, equitable partnerships?
· How can we tailor the project together?